Sex And Intimacy

Name (Leave empty if you wish to remain anonymous)



You may also send your queries through this Form or email

Anonymous: I am a 33 year old male and have been finding it difficult to maintain an erection without any external aid. What should I do? I am embarrassed to talk about it with my partner.

Girish Vaidya

It's understandable to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable discussing issues related to sexual function, but it's important to remember that it's a common problem that many people experience at some point in their lives.

Firstly, it's important to rule out any underlying medical conditions that may be causing the erectile dysfunction. I would recommend speaking with your doctor or a urologist to discuss your symptoms and explore possible treatment options.

In addition to medical treatment, there are lifestyle changes that can help improve erectile dysfunction. These include regular exercise, a healthy diet, reducing alcohol intake, quitting smoking, and managing stress levels.

It may also be helpful to speak with a therapist or counselor to address any emotional or psychological factors that may be contributing to your erectile dysfunction. They can also provide you with guidance on how to communicate with your partner about your concerns.

While it may be difficult, it's important to talk to your partner about what you're experiencing. Remember that a healthy sexual relationship involves open communication and mutual support. By working together, you can explore ways to maintain intimacy and pleasure in your relationship, regardless of any physical challenges you may face.